Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Phils Fish Market and Eatery

User Reviews for Phils Fish Market and Eatery

Mixed bag. 

I thought this was a pretty cool place and it is certainly popular. However, my wife got very sick from eating the blackened scallop entree. The place is partially outdoors so the flies were swarming. The men's bathroom was disgusting. Even though I enjoyed my dungeness crab and liked the concept, I would have to advise against dining here. The popularity of this place may have overtaken it's ability to address health and cleanliness issues. 
Pros: the seafood eatery concept
Cons: cleanliness

Location is great.

Phil's is a fun place to eat. Steps from the beach and some good grinds. They are a tad bit pricey for food and the have reduced there menu in the last couple of months for reason's still not explained. It's a good place for a hour break if your driving up and down the coast. It's about 20 minutes from Monterey and 35 minutes from Santa Cruz. The best time to eat is during the week when the tourism is rather lower then the weekend when it is high. When done eating walk out to the beach and enjoy the sights of the ocean and the peace of the beach. Cafeteria style dining and some intresting dishes and you can bring your own wine. Have fun and enjoy.

Great Seafood.

I always stop at Phil's on my way up to Santa Cruz. . . . Being a creature of habit I get the same thing every time: 3 orders of fried clams, 2 orders of clam... 

View original>>>

0 comments:

Recent Posts

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template